Here are 28 questions to ask yourself after narcissistic abuse:
1. We learn from our mistakes, yet we’re always so afraid to make them. Where is this true for you? Have you worried that you’ll meet another narcissist and not know how to get out before you get hurt?
2. What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail?
3. What is your greatest strength? Have any of your recent actions demonstrated this strength? You learned alot about how strong you had to be to survive a narcissist. Think about the strength you’ve shown picking yourself up after this horrific abuse.
4. What are the top five things you cherish in your life? Remember how the narcissist tried to destroy them? How can you protect these in the future so no one ruins this for you?
5. How can you improve your boundaries? What areas do you need to be more protective of? What makes you mad?
6. In what ways have you learned to trust yourself since having your trust broken by a narcissist?
7. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
8. What and who do you most connect with? Why?
9. What one piece of advice would you offer a newborn child to help them be strong against a narcissistic predator?
10. What are your feelings about honesty? Do you have the ability to spot people that are lying? How will you use your knowledge to live an honest lifestyle and protect yourself from frauds?
11. What bad habits do you do that you dislike?
12. What are you avoiding?
13. What is the one job/cause/activity that could get you out of bed happily for the rest of your life? Are you doing it now?
14. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
15. What are you most grateful for?
16. What would you say is one thing you’d like to change in the world?
17. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it influencing you?
18. Are you doing what you believe in or settling for what you’re doing?
19. What are you committed to?
20. Which worries you more – doing things right or doing the right things?
21. If joy became the national currency, what kind of work would make you wealthy?
22. Have you been the kind of friend you wish you had?
23. Do any of the things that used to upset you a few years ago matter at all today? What’s changed?
24. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
25. What permission do you need/want to move forward?
26. Really, what do you have to lose if you go for it?
27. How different would your life be if there weren’t any criticism in the world?
28. We’re always making choices. Are you choosing your story for you or for someone else?