Research on Youth Suicides:
- Approximately one youth attempts suicide every 3 minutes, and one of them actually dies in the attempt every 2 hours.
- Approximately 2 out of 3 of these youths are victims of the divorce industry.
- Boys most affected by the Divorce industry according to research. Researchers asked the question why might boys be more affected than girls? “Probably loss of the male role model, the father figure. The majority of children of divorce are raised by their moms. There are a portion of children who have very limited contact with their dad. The loss of a male role model is very significant for young men who are developing their gender identities.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/24/divorce-and-suicidal-idea_n_812456.html
- There is “also a ‘substantial’ association between suicidal ideation and living in a household with a stepparent or unmarried parent partner. Victimization exposure did not fully explain this association, as investigators point out, and the particularly strong association between suicidal ideation and stepfamily households is both “worrisome” and warrants more attention, researchers suggest” (2).
- Custodial interference in the past year is associated with an increased risk for suicidal ideation of up 4.4 times greater vs children without this history (2).